The national contest for university students is open until 15 September!
Estonian Research Council, Estonian Academy of Sciences and Estonian Ministry of Education and Research call upon participating in the national contest for university students. The contest is open for all students studying in Estonia, including foreign students and Estonian citizens studying abroad. Papers can be submitted on all university levels (applied higher education and bachelor’s studies, master’s studies, doctoral studies) until 15 September 2017!
Starting this year the award fund of the national contest is larger, over 70 000 euros, as a similar contest of the Academy of Sciences and special prizes of Ministry of Social Affairs have been merged into the national contest.
The national awards are as follows:
– students following bachelor’s or professional degree programmes: 1st prize 960 euros, 2nd prize 650 euros, 3rd prize 320 euros;
– master’s students: 1st prize 1600 euros, 2nd prize 1300 euros, 3rd prize 700 euros;
– doctoral students: 1st prize 1600 euros, 2nd prize 1300 euros, 3rd prize 700 euros;
The special prizes conferred by President of the Estonian Academy of Sciences are as follows:
– students following bachelor’s or professional degree programmes: special prize for auspicious scintillating sparks – π×250=785.40 euros;
– doctoral or master’s students: 1st special prize for the most elegant student research paper – π×1000=3141.59euros; 2nd special prize for an unconventional student research paper – π×500=1570.80 euros.
The special prizes conferred by Estonian Ministry of Social Affairs – 3400 euros in total.
The aim of the national contest for university students is to promote research among university students, stimulate them to be more active and to acknowledge students who have achieved outstanding results.
Ph +372 731 7347
mobile +372 526 0562
Attention to students of EuroAcademy,
Since 2017, a new rule for students of EuroAcademy has been introduced.
STUDENTS MUST REGISTER THEIR ATTENDANCE AT EUROACADEMY BY THEIR ID-CARD.
Whenever you come to EuroAcademy for classes, please go to the reception counter and register yourself with your ID-card as follows:
1. Enter your ID-card into the ID-card reader that stands on the counter
2. Wait about 5 seconds until the device identifies your card
3. After your name and ID details are presented on the screen, remove your ID-card from the device.
The rule is set up in order to verify your attendance of the classroom studies at the EuroAcademy, as well as for improving management practices.