EU/EEA citizens are entitled to the same social welfare benefits in Estonia as Estonian residents. You only need to apply for the EU Health Insurance Card from the social service authorities in your home country before arriving in Estonia.
Non EU/EAA citizens
Students from Non-EU/EEA countries have to obtain an internationally valid private health insurance. Insurance providers accepted by the Estonian Migration Board:
• ERGO (health insurance contract can be signed after arrival to Estonia)
• AON Students Insurance (health insurance contract can be signed online)
• Crystal Studies (health insurance contract can be signed online)
NB! Health insurance is necessary when you applies for a residence permit.
Important phone numbers:
• 112 – emergency number, first aid
• 1220 (also +372 630 4107) – health advice, information about health care system in Estonia
• 16363 (also +372 669 6630) – information line of Estonian Health Insurance Fund
More information about the Estonian health care system can be found from the website of the Estonian Health Insurance Fund.